Due to the non-porous finish of our pools, fewer chemicals are needed because algae is less prone to attach to smoother surfaces. Additionally, less cleaning will have to be performed using automatic pool cleaners saving electricity. When automatic pool cleaners are used, the time it takes to clean the pool will be reduced saving additional energy.
As fiberglass pools do not rely on steel panels or steel mesh/rebar for structure, they do not have the potential to leech chemicals and rust back into the groundwater as a more conventional constructed pool would. Fiberglass pools in general act as a natural insulator. Your filter and heater will potentially run dramatically less than equipment on vinyl/gunite pools. Depending on the climate and size of the pool, a homeowner can save up to $225.00 per month on their pool maintenance with our pools versus other types of pools (vinyl/gunite).
With more and more people concerned about our environment, our Eco-Friendly pools are already the pool of tomorrow. Not only do our pools use less chemicals and energy, our pools never need to be re-plastered, nor do they have a liner to replace – thus resulting in less waste in our landfills.
Find our Dealer
Learn More About Latham Fiberglass Pools
- Are Fiberglass Pools Affected by Cold Weather?
- Fiberglass Pool: An Investment That Will Deliver Returns for Decades
- Which Hue For You Part II: Fiberglass Pool Design Decisions
- Designing Your Dream Pool: Inspiring Ideas to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
- Why Millennials Are Choosing Fiberglass Pools
- How Often Do I Need To Clean My Fiberglass Pool?
- Customize Your Own Fiberglass Pool: Coloring Book
- Concrete Pools are a Lot of Work. Fiberglass Pools are a Lot of Play.