Important Winterization Rules
Although there are many different techniques one can utilize to winterize a pool, it is important that regardless of whatever method you or your pool professional chooses that you include the following few simple rules:
- Never drain your pool below the skimmer opening.
- Never let your pool overflow.
- Do not remove water from a pool cover without simultaneously adding the same amount of water to the pool.
- Remove the pool water from all equipment and all plumbing pipes that are at or above the frost line.
- Never allow exterior water to overflow into your pool.
Find our Dealer
Learn More About Latham Fiberglass Pools
- Are Fiberglass Pools Affected by Cold Weather?
- Fiberglass Pool: An Investment That Will Deliver Returns for Decades
- Which Hue For You Part II: Fiberglass Pool Design Decisions
- Designing Your Dream Pool: Inspiring Ideas to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
- Why Millennials Are Choosing Fiberglass Pools
- How Often Do I Need To Clean My Fiberglass Pool?
- Customize Your Own Fiberglass Pool: Coloring Book
- Concrete Pools are a Lot of Work. Fiberglass Pools are a Lot of Play.